Er is een nieuwe patch verschenen voor Horizon Zero Dawn op de PC. De patch is een belangrijke en verbetert de algehele performance van de game en komt daarnaast ook met crash fixes die voor konden komen. De performance krijgt weliswaar geen boost, maar zou wel licht verbeterd moeten worden. De patch wordt gevolgd door versie 1.03 die vorige week verscheen.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when users would create a new game and their save game slots were full.
- Fixed a startup crash related to temp folder.
- Fixed an AI crash that could occur during combat.
- Fixed an AI crash in the EventMessageHandler.
- Fixed a crash related to WorldData sampling (the callstack would end in WorldMapData::SampleAtPixel).
- Fixed a crash when users would instantly back out when changing sliders in the Settings menu.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when having the “Greetings” option open in photo mode and then exiting.
- Potential fix for memory corruption in AI routines which could lead to crashes.
- Potential fix for a GPU hang caused by a threading issue.
- Fixed a mismatch that would occur on Shader Model 6.0 and 6.1 hardware which could lead to a crash.
- General improvement to CPU performance (depending on CPU/GPU speeds, this can result in a 1-10% performance improvement).
- Improved performance of camera cuts in cinematics and conversations.
- HDR – Fixed colour banding issues in HDR mode.
- Mouse Controls – Fixed an issue where mouse sensitivity was incorrect when framerate wasn’t constant.
- Aiming – Fixed an issue where Aloy was unable to shoot while being able to do a critical attack near a machine.
- Cutscenes – Fixed an issue where geometry and textures would pop in after camera cuts.
- Adaptive Performance – Fixed an issue where lighting glitches would occur when turning on Adaptive Performance.
- Volumetrics – Fixed an issue which could cause blinking artifacts in volumetric effects, like fog.
- Reverb – Fixed several issues where excessive reverb was noticeable in specific quests.
- Visibility – Fixed an issue which could sometimes cause geometry to briefly disappear after streaming
- Some players are experiencing an out of memory error during the game optimization process.
- Some players are experiencing graphical settings issues, such as Anisotropic Filtering or HDR not working correctly.
- Some players are experiencing performance issues on specific GPUs or hardware combinations.
- Some players are experiencing issues with Aloy’s hair when the game is running above 30 FPS.