In samenwerking met Epic Games’ Unreal Engine en CONCEPTKICKS, onthult Timberland een unieke ontwerpinnovatie-ervaring die de fysieke en virtuele werelden combineert om productontwerp opnieuw vorm te geven en consumenten te betrekken bij de reis. Gebaseerd op Timberland’s CONSTRUCT: 10061 programma, nodigt de samenwerking spelers en schoenenliefhebbers van over de hele wereld uit om het universum van ontwerp, creatie en innovatie te betreden — versterkt door een meeslepende speelbare ervaring in Fortnite.
In partnership with Epic Games’ Unreal Engine and CONCEPTKICKS, Timberland unveils a one-of-a-kind design innovation experience that blends the physical and virtual worlds to reimagine product design and engage consumers in the journey. Centered on Timberland’s CONSTRUCT: 10061 program, the partnership invites players and footwear afficionados from around the world to enter the universe of design, creation and innovation — highlighted by an immersive playable
experience in Fortnite.
Elements of the multi-faceted, multi-stakeholder project include:
● Timberland Design Lab and Maker Space, in Fortnite: Get a rare glimpse into Timberland’s footwear innovation and design process by visiting the virtual design lab in Fortnite — a re-creation of the brand’s real-world innovation lab and maker space.
● Meta Design Workshop: Footwear innovators from Timberland’s Advanced Concepts & Energy (ACE) team, CONCEPTKICKS and CONSTRUCT: 10061 paired up with digital innovators from BeyondCreative for a design workshop and build that took place entirely in the virtual Timberland Design Lab in Fortnite. The outcome was four spectacular Metaboots –
including a replica of the iconic yellow boot, plus three original boots inspired by custom outdoor biomes created as part of the project.
● Timberland Parkour Trails: This immersive gaming experience takes place on a custom Fortnite island featuring Arctic, Desert and Forest biomes. After visiting the Design Lab, players take on challenges and obstacles in each of the biomes, unlocking special effects when they reach the Metaboots and bring the samples back to the lab. MAP CODE:
● Metaboots, in AR: The Forest Metaboot was recreated in high fidelity using Unreal Engine and is viewable and accessible in AR through Sketchfab. The AR boot appears against backdrops modeled after the Forest biome and built using Unreal Engine’s Quixel Megascans.
● Prototype Boots, in AR: Eight physical prototypes from a recent IRL workshop have also been scanned and placed against biome-inspired backdrops using Unreal Engine-powered Twinmotion and Quixel Megascans. These are also accessible in AR through Sketchfab.